It’s our pleasure to announce the 2023 edition of the Koninklijke- Holland Beker regatta, which will take place on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 June 2023 at the Bosbaan regatta Course in Amsterdam.
Welcome to the Koninklijke- Holland Beker 2023
Traffic Rules & Training
Regatta Traffic Rules during racing
The Bosbaan is the oldest artifical rowing lake in the world and is therefore constrained in its size. Warming up, racing and cooling down take place on the same stretch of water. To avoid collisions resulting in personal and material damage, it is of the greatest importance to adhere to the traffic regulations. Violation of these rules can lead to a yellow card according to FISA’s Rules of Racing.
In case of fairness decisions, the traffic rules might be changed during the regatta. Further announcements on this will be made via our website and the umpires at the boathouse area.
Training is possible on the following times:
- Friday all day (from sunrise till sunset).
- Saturday: from sunrise till 9:00 and from 18:00 till sunset.
- Sunday: from sunrise till 9:15 and from 17:00 till sunset.
Traffic rules for training are below. No rescue services are present during training.
The entry procedure depends on the number of crews. International entries are open till June 18.
- For 1 or 2 crews, complete this international entry form form and as attachment via e-mail to email@example.com.
- For 3 crews or more, reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will equip you with a login for the dutch national registration system.
The enrollment for the Koninklijke- Holland Beker can be done via the KNRB Inschrijfprogramma before June 18 23:59 hrs.
All up to date registrations can be seen through this link.
The following events are offered at the Koninklijke- Holland Beker
The U23 events (“B”) will be merged with the open events if less than 4 crews enter.
There are special events for Dutch crews participating in the KNRB Klassementen (both “Eerstejaars” and “Development”). The “Eerstejaars” klassement will admit the top 6 crews, the “Development” klassement will be race as normal and all crew registered at the beginning of the season will be admitted. The events are indicated below.
Rules and Regulations
Rules of Racing
FISA’s Rules of Racing apply to the Koninklijke- Holland Beker. The additional provisions specific to the 2023 edition of the Koninklijke-Holland Beker can be found here.
Clothing and oars
In accordance with the rules of racing of WORLD ROWING:
- Composite crew: every rower wears their club uniform (identical per club). Undershirt, legging, socks and hats must be either identical (identical for the whole crew) or identical for each club (for crew members of the same club); this means same colours and length.
Deviation from the Rules of Racing:
- Composite crews are also allowed to wear the same uniform – not necessarily club uniform – as long as the implementation is fully identical.
The oars must be completely identical for the entire crew. It is not obliged to use blades in the registered colours of your club.
Advertising space on boats
FISA rules on advertising spaces apply. Boat names are excluded from the advertising spaces.
For all events, boats will be selected for boat weighing. Each team is responsible that his boat at least meets the minimum weight. The boat weighing is located in the athletes zone opposite of the pontoons and will be indicated there.
The minimum weight for all coxwains is 55 kg (according to FISA rules), with a maximum dead weight of 15 kg.